Ice hockey is one of the most favoured sport in colder climates especially winters. This game has fans all over the world. It is believed that this sport is tied to prehistoric times, although the word “hockey” has only been used since the 16th century. In 1893, the first of the matches were held at both Yale University and John Hopkins University. Since those times, the indoor form of this sport has become quite popular. Many sports person are of the opinion that this game can be hazardous for the players.
Safety gear has been introduced to this field game to keep players from sustaining serious injuries. The safety gear is usually used by both the professional and amateur players. It is very important that every player has proper ice hockey equipment with them. It is believed that Ice hockey gloves are made with the purpose to provide protection to the players hands. The players often get hit in the hands with pucks, Ice hockey skates and sticks. These gloves should be thick with padding on the outside. But, it should be made in such a manner that you are able to move your hands and also able to hold the stick properly.
– If you are interested in buying a pair of gloves, visit your local hockey equipment store to try on several pairs of gloves available. You must make sure that you purchase the right one,so that you are protected while playing and don’t get hurt. If you are playing in an adult recreational league, for instance, it isn’t necessary that you will need a professional pair of these gloves. Although, you will require a pair of them with substantial padding in case you take an errant shot off the back of your hand.
– Always choose a brand that fits you properly. Many professional players are sponsored by a specific company, so they tend to wear one particular brand of gear. Although, this is not at all true for new players. So you have basically more range of choices of brand available to you.
– You must research the different brands of gloves and also collect reviews on various brands. If you can manage to get other peoples opinion who have used them before,this will surely help you make a more educated decision on which pair of gloves to buy.
– Also, make sure that it fits you perfectly, so that they won’t fall off when you reach to bat a puck out of the air or if you drop your stick on the ice. These gloves should fit your hand in a comfortable manner but not tightly. You need to have a little room left at the end of the fingers and thumb. There should be enough dexterity in these gloves so that it can grip your hockey stick and maneuver it properly.
– You also need to check to see that the pair you buy are large enough to cover your lower forearm up to where they meet the elbow pad. It is very vital that you don’t have any exposed body part when you are playing this form of field sport. This is the best possible way not to get injured while playing.